Holidays in the South-West, in Cathar Country
Discover the cultural heritage and gastronomy of the South-West of France!
Museums & Crafts
Come and discover Occitania, the South-West region that cherishes culture and the arts, with nearly 800 museums to satisfy all desires for culture and knowledge.
From dinosaurs to contemporary art, through prehistoric times, ancient civilizations and the historical and cultural heritage of the region, the range of areas covered is considerable.
- The Archaeological Museum of Narbonne, dedicated to the ancient history of the city and the region.
- The Museum of the Inquisition of the Cité de Carcassonne, a disturbing journey to the heart of fanaticism and human barbarism.
- The Museum of Catharism of Mazamet, a meeting with the memory of the Cathar faith and its history.
- The Quercorb Museum in Puivert, the whole history of crafts and traditions of the Cathar Country.
- The Espéraza Dinosaur Museum, which hosts the most impressive dinosaur skeletons.
- The Brousses Paper Mill, the last active mill in Languedoc, a magical place that perpetuates the know-how of yesteryear.
Gastronomy & Tradition
Taste the charm of the traditions of the South-West, savour the generosity of its gastronomy and discover the greatest variety of wines gathered in the same territory!
With a cuisine of terroir par excellence, a renowned cuisine with authentic flavours, Occitania is a high place of French gastronomy.
Produced with passion, the wines of Languedoc will offer you their flavour and their generous texture. Red, white and rosé wines, natural and sparkling sweet wines,
discover a remarkable winegrowing palette.
- The wines of Languedoc, harmonious and of a great diversity, with heady aromas and deep taste (Cabardès, Corbières, Malepère, Minervois, Coteaux du Languedoc, Fitou ...).
- The cuisine of the South-West, a generous cuisine combining local flavours and ancestral know-how (cassoulet, confit, foie gras, magret, garbure ...).
- The Carnival of Limoux, a traditional and colourful carnival. Limoux, city also famous for its Blanquette (the oldest sparkling wine in the world).
- The picking of mushrooms, (ceps, girolles, lactarians, agaric ...), a true local tradition and above all, an opportunity to go out in the nature and relax.