Holidays in Occitania land of passions
Dive into the heart of our history and contemplate an exceptional heritage!
The medieval Cité de Carcassonne
The Cité de Carcassonne, flagship of the Languedoc, is a fortified medieval Citadel, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
On July 14, you will be amazed by the Carcassonne Ablaze, an exceptional firework, one of the most beautiful pyrotechnic shows in the world, which attracts hundreds of thousands of spectators every year.
The Canal du Midi
The Canal du Midi, an extraordinary masterpiece by its scale, is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
It winds through towns and villages, surrounded by picturesque landscapes. It will take you to discover the Languedoc, on one of the most beautiful waterways in the world.
The Cathar castles are the remains of a tormented time, made of struggles and oppositions:
- Quéribus, last bastion of the Cathar resistance.
- Peyrepertuse, Citadel of Vertigo.
- Puilaurens, fortress perched on a rocky spur.
- Saissac, the oldest Cathar castle.
- Lastours, exceptional set of 4 medieval castles.
- Termes, memorable siege of the Albigensian Crusade.
- Arques, witness of the know-how of the medieval era.